Energy Efficiency Consulting
Does your house have cold rooms? Do you have ice dams? Would you like to cut your heating costs? Upgrading the energy efficiency of your home is a great way to improve comfort, save money, and reduce your carbon footprint. And now, the Union Gas Home Reno Rebate will give you up to $2500 back.
Start your renovation planning by having Baerg's Home Performance Solutions conduct an Energy Efficiency Assessment (EcoEnergy Audit) on your home. This will get you off on the right foot with the advice of Dave Baerg, a professional who has over 20 years experience in energy efficiency auditing and contracting. Equipped with this information, you can set priorities to allow you to get the results you want at the lowest cost.
An Energy Efficiency Assessment by Baerg's Home Performance Solutions includes:
- An interview to determine your concerns and priorities.
- Evaluation of insulation levels.
- Measurement of doors and windows and assessment of their thermal efficiency.
- Assessment of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and domestic hot water heating systems.
- A blower door test to determine the air leakage rate of your house and to diagnose the locations of the air leakage.
- Computer modeled evaluation of all possible energy efficiency upgrades.
- Preparation of the Energy Efficiency Report detailing recommended improvements, and resulting home energy savings.
Baerg's Home Performance Solutions will take you through the report; giving you detailed advice to help you make your home more comfortable and use energy more efficiently. Ongoing advice and consultation is available by telephone or e-mail.
After you complete your renovations. BHPS will come back to verify the upgrades and help you apply for the Home Reno Rebate.